Why Christians need to be Teachable


Recently I wrote a book claiming that homosexuals were made by God. It was not a surprise when many religious book reviewers picked up my book and refused to believe what I wrote about God supernaturally intervening on my side: Was True! They even claimed they liked my true life story, but they were not changed by it. Instead they expressed displeasure with the church that ran me out of town and made my life a living hell. Of course they would have never did to me what my church did to me! They ignored the scriptures I used to support the homosexual lifestyle, instead they held tightly to biblical scriptures believing their literally meaning against the homosexual lifestyle is true. Many of the Christian book reviewers were mad and claimed I had tricked them into reading my book because I didn't plainly state that it was a book about homosexuality. I couldn't believe what they wrote. They were clearly prejudiced against homosexuals. They were like the Pharisees and teachers of the Law in the Bible. They listened to the messages Jesus spoke during their time but they refused to believe that what Jesus said was true.
Matthew 23:1-5a: Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples. The teachers of the Law and the Pharisees are the authorized interpreters of Moses' Law. So you must obey and follow everything they tell you to do; do not, however, imitate their actions, because they don't practice what they preach. They tie onto people's backs loads that are heavy and hard to carry, yet they aren't willing even to lift a finger to help them carry those loads. They do everything so that people will see them.'
Another thing I noticed about these righteous book reviewers is that all of them came together and gave me a three star review or less. Yet they all said the book was well written. It wasn't surprising when two of the reviews got the facts wrong about Eric. He is not a minister. His father was a minister. If they can't remember one of the main characters job descriptions then it must be too much for them to understand scriptures that state that God is love!
Matthew 23: 13-15: How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You lock the door to the Kingdom of heaven in people's faces, but you yourselves don't go in, nor do you allow in those who are trying to enter!
How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You sail the seas and cross whole countries to win one convert; and when you succeed, you make him twice as deserving of going to hell as you yourselves are!'
I wrote a very controversial book about what happened to me. It told of how the Southern Baptist Church rose up to fight against me and how they took away my children even when I was proven in court to be the better parent. It was a book that had much more than the homosexual lifestyle in it. It presented the world as a complex game of life. It is a life game that teaches people the difference between good and bad; love and evil; God against Satan. I wrote this book to help Christians to look at their lives differently. I wanted them to not judge what they didn't understand. I believed that if they were educated about the correct scriptures concerning homosexuals that they would stop the hate and love.
Matthew 23: 23: How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You give to God one tenth even of the seasoning herbs, such as mint, dill, and cumin, but you neglect to obey the really important teachings of the Law, such as justice and mercy and honesty. These you should practice, without neglecting the others.'
Homosexual teenagers are killing themselves because of the persecution they go through in school and church. Homosexuals are giving up church altogether because the churches they went to in childhood refuse to acknowledge their long time partners. Homosexuals are being denied justice in the courts. Their children are being ripped from their arms. They are being persecuted and mistreated by people who are denying them the ability to lawfully marry.
Matthew 23: 29-31,How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You make fine tombs for the prophets and decorate the monuments of those who lived good lives; and you claim that if you had lived during the time of your ancestors, you would not have done what they did and killed the prophets. So you actually admit that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.'
God called me to write this book. He held my hand and gave me the strength to stand up to those who took away my children and made my life a living hell. Everything I owned was taken from me. I was jailed and homeless. I was persecuted for being the person God made me to be. God loved me and my family when no one else would. I am afraid for the book reviewers and all Christians who refuse to believe my story. When you refuse to believe because it is easier to hold onto the popular belief that homosexuality is wrong then you become unteachable. Good people are killed, like Martin Luther King. Without him African Americans would not have the rights they have today. Susan B Anthony would have never been given a voice to free women and give them the equal rights they needed in order to survive in a man's world.
Matthew 23: 34 & 35a: And so I tell you that I will send you prophets and wise men and teachers; you will kill some of them, crucify others, and whip others in the synagogues and chase them from town to town. As a result, the punishment for the murder of all innocent men will fall on you,'
Education comes from reading stories that make us think differently. We must be open minded so we are teachable. We don't want to be the persecutors. We need to be the followers of Martin Luther King when society believed he was wrong. We need to be the Susan B. Anthony's that brought about a better life for women when society believed she was wrong. We need to read and not judge before we even open the book to find out why persecuting homosexuals for love is clearly wrong. Dare to take a stand for what may be unpopular in many churches today. Dare to read:I Want to Know My Future. Do not be an unteachable Christian!

No comments: