Christ, the Invisible God?

Meeting with a devout Catholic cousin who knew that I abandoned my Catholic faith for the Church of Christ sometimes ended up into an argument which also lead him to realize a truth recorded in the Bible. He knew that the Church of Christ upholds the teaching that Christ is not the God but He's only the Son of God. And because of this, he called me a Christian who has no God. He's actually insulting me with that way of persecution. But I didn't mind his insults. Instead I asked him a question: "What do you think? Is God invisible or not?" "Of course God is invisible," he immediately answered. "Well, that's true, " I said. "If God is invisible, then Christ would be invisible too, isn't it? So, here's the point of asking him something like that... He agreed that God is invisible. And that is true because Apostle Paul said this: 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise,[a]be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. (I Timothy 1:17, NKJV) It is because God is spirit; 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." (John 4:24, ibid) And the Spirit according to Christ has no flesh and bones: 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." (Luke 24:39, ibid) And since he believe that Christ is God, so I asked him if Christ is also invisible because God is invisible. But He answered no or that Christ is not invisible.
Actually, he is again right, that Christ is not invisible because according to the Gospel written by Apostle John, the Apostles saw Christ and even touched Him. And then Christ even said that He is not spirit but someone who has flesh and bones. 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." (Luke 24:39, ibid) From here, we can already tell the difference between Christ and God. God is invisible while Christ is not. God is spirit while Christ has flesh and bones. And one thing that we should know, that no one has seen God at any time, just like what Apostle John said: 12 No one has seen God at any time.
If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. (I John 4:12, ibid) If Christ is really the God then Apostle John wouldn't say that, because he was with Christ even before Christ ascended to heavens. We all know that saying that "no one has seen God at anytime" means from the very beginning until the time the Apostle John wrote that part of the Bible, no one has ever seen God physically. So, accusing me as Christian without God just because I believe that Christ is not the God, is something that should be refrained, because it is only based on his own belief not on the truth recorded on the Bible.
My belief on the true God that Christ taught me remains in me and will not be moved by such persecution because this belief means the eternal life through Christ: 1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. (John 17:1,3, ibid)

No comments: