Prayers for the Living of These Days

Christians know the value and power of prayer and at moments we wonder what life would be like if God had not made this provision for our communicating with Him. All through Scripture, men and women alike called upon His name in good times as well as times of severe testing. In His word we find strength that we did not know was possible and power for living that we did not know we could experience. Though many deny it and others defy it, prayer does get God's attention and He relishes in our coming to Him. Prayer glorifies God and acknowledges our helplessness without Him.
May you find strength and be empowered through His word and prayers from my soul.
One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples." Luke 11:1.Father in heaven, I love you more than I can express in mere words. I want to know you with all my heart and soul. Help me to surrender myself so that I may be in constant touch with you. Teach me how to pray prevailing prayers and how to commune sincerely with my Savior. This I ask in the saving name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2.
Almighty and eternal God, who destined your only begotten Son to be Redeemer of the world and willed to be appeased by his precious blood, I praise your holy name. All glory, laud, and honor belong to you alone and to you alone do I offer this prayer of praise and thanksgiving. I thank you most Holy Father, for the grace of venerating the price of my redemption and of discovering in it the virtue it contains. May I live out my days on this earth in such a way that I bring honor to you forever and ever; through the same Christ, our Lord. Amen.
But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night...' Job 35:10.
O God of grace and God of glory, help me to sing your praises even as tears fall during the darkest hours of my midnight. I give all my cares over to you, blessed Lord, thanking you for the blessed availability of your Spirit to sustain me. Give me grace and strength to persevere and an obedient heart to do your will; through the merits and mediation of our Lord and Savior. Amen.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2.
O God, light of the world, help me to always give priority to the eternal values which make life worth living. Grant that I not succumb to the drumbeat of the world. May the Spirit of Wisdom save me from all false choices, that in your light I may see light, and on your straight path I may not stumble; through Him who died and rose again, your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4-5.
Dear God of wonder and ancient of days, when I stand in the light of your love, my true self is exposed. In your light, my sins are revealed and my life shaken. Thank you gracious Lord for stripping me of this false self and bringing a wonderful change of healing and restoration into my very soul. This I pray in the saving name of our crucified and resurrected Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. Isaiah 45:21b, 22.
Almighty, Everlasting God, confiscate from me even a hint of pride that keeps me from truly acknowledging your sovereign supremacy. Cleanse me of all parasitic influences that would invade my spirit and soul that I not become open prey for corruption. As a poor sinner saved by your amazing grace, keep my memory sharply aware of the cardinal truth: you are God and beside you there is no other. This I earnestly pray in the saving name of your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness." Jeremiah 31:3.
God of all, I bask in the knowledge and experiences of your loving kindness. Though sometimes I have had to swim through turbulent waters and climb rocky mountains, your love for me always manifested in ways unimaginable and unmistakable. Thank you for your steadfast love. Grant, O Lord, that I remain forever cognizant of your undying faithfulness and, when all is said and done, find a place in your kingdom where I will sing your praises throughout all eternity; in the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18.
Sovereign Lord, I trust you in all things. Even the mysterious and puzzling and tragic become but vehicles of your spiritual power. Walk with me through my pain and through the difficult situations I am called upon to experience. Grant that I be a living reminder to the world of your love and redeeming power. All glory and praise to your holy name; through the might of Jesus Christ our everlasting Redeemer. Amen.
I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done. Psalm 118:17.
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, I give you my most humble and wholehearted thanks for the gift of life and all your goodness and loving kindness. I thank you for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life. I ask kind Lord that you endow me with a sense of all your mercies, that my heart may be genuinely thankful. Grant that I show forth your praise, not only with my lips, but in my life, by giving up myself to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all my days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom with you and the Holy Spirit be all honor and glory, world without end. Amen.
He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?" Mark 4:39-40.
Father God, I cannot survive this journey without you. The road is too rough to tread and the mountains too high to climb. Help me to hold fast to my faith in you. Give me the strength and courage to not resign under pressure. Keep near to me as I live the Christian life, trusting in the sufficiency of your abounding grace; in the name of our crucified and risen Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/69416

No comments: