Church Leadership - Leading Change in Your Church

The purpose of this article is to help the Church Leadership to think about developing some systems that leaders need to chart their church's course to a dynamic, kingdom-advancing future. Holy Spirit directed planning for the future is a powerful tool you can use to help your church grow and to help you develop your church into a high impact ministry accomplishing its life-changing mission.

Like most pastors, you probably entered ministry as a response to a deep sense of personal calling from God. But now that you've been leading for awhile, you recognize the need for some tools to help you mobilize your church body to collectively reach unbelieving people and disciple them into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who minister to one another and the world. The value of understanding Change Management can't be overstated; yet, most pastors have little training in the skills required to bring about effective change.

Strategic Planning, helps you anticipate the future God has for you, but Leading Change allows you to accomplish the future God has for you.

"...God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you..." Genesis 50:20-2

Churches that make an impact don't just happen. It takes more than a strategic plan to make a difference. It requires Church Leadership and leaders who possess an ability to bring about the necessary changes that will empower their people to overcome barriers and seize opportunities.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Church Leadership that is Leading Change includes:

* determining where you are now

* determining where God wants you to go

* determining how you're going lead people to get them there.

"Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me." John 12:26

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2920502

No comments: