You Have Value and You Have a Calling

At one time or another every one of us is confronted by the question: What am I actually doing here? What is my purpose on earth? And often the answer gets lost in the mist as we drown in feelings of inferiority. Man, that's not a good place to be.
But then I remember a verse about God who thought about me even before I was born.
Listen to the lovely lyrics of David's song of praise in Psalm 139:13-15: "Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God-you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration-what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something."
Wow! How wonderful to know that God has been connected to me even before I was born. Before I was made in my mother's womb, He had a perfect picture of me in his mind. He was excited about my arrival. Day by day He formed in my mother's womb with a very specific purpose. Each day He checked to see what has grown and what has been added. In amazement He watched my development and growth.
I imagine He couldn't wait for me to take my first breath and when He heard that first cry, He couldn't stop himself from laughing out loud. Filled with joy, excitement and satisfaction. Forgive me if this sounds disrespectful, but I can just imagine God giving Jesus a high five.
Then I jump out of the dumps of inferiority. I was made by the living God. It was his idea for me to be on earth and that gives me value. Therefore, my value does not lie in who I am or what I do, my value comes from God. The One who made me and gave me life.
And because God has made me, I also know there is a plan for my life. I'm not here where I am by accident. No, God has given me and all of us a specific task that we have to perform here on earth.
Jeremiah confirmed it in chapter 1 verses 4 and 5: "This is what God said: Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you."
And Paul prays for this too in 2 Thessalonians 1: 11"... we pray for you all the time - pray that our God will make you fit for what He's called you to be... "
God designed each of us to do something. He has a picture in his head of what we need to do for Him here on earth and we have to understand that very well. I suspect our country and our world are looking like they do because many people do not get to God's picture of their lives.
Let's stop struggling and fighting with our self-esteem and say out loud: I was in God's thoughts even before my parents started planning to have children - or as in my case: God had plans for me despite my parents' decision not to have any more children.
Now it is your and my responsibility to ask God what that plan is. And then we must take steps to live God's plan for our lives to the full, without any uncertainty about our value in God's eyes.
Scripture
2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
To think about
Do you realise how much value you have in God's eyes?
What is your calling?
Where can you live it?
Prayer
Our Father in heaven, thank you that I can know that You already thought about us even before our parents thought about it. Thank you that I have value. Thank you that I have a calling, a plan that You have for my life. Please help me to go and live it out there. Amen.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10027931

No comments: