How to Walk Each Day in the Anointing of the Holy Spirit

It is such a pleasure to wake each day and "feel" the anointing of the Holy Spirit on yourself. It's such a refreshing change to "feel" the presence of the Lord in your life and to know that your day is going to be ordered by the Holy Spirit. Do you want to be able to wake each day and walk in the manifest presence of God, read on...
It's only been happening very strongly for last month as I can fall the anointing of the Lord Jesus on me from the time I wake till the time that I go to bed. Any form of temptations are squashed under the power of the Holy Spirit and each day seems to move with its own brand of perfection.
So what would get my life into this state?
I feel it is all to do with how much of my life is crucified for Christ. The only joy I used to have in the world was to go to a movie once a fortnight and within the last six weeks I haven't even gone to the movies. The Lord in 1 John warns us not to be involved with the lusts of the flesh.
1 John 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
Do not love the world or the things in the world
What sort of person reaches a stage where the things of the world hold no more appeal for them? Do you think you could live in this world and not love the things of this world?
The sad fact of the matter is that most Christians are having so much fun in the world and the things of the world that they never reach a stage where the world holds no joy. The only thing that gives me pleasure is to do the will of God. That is teaching the flock of God, that is rebuking the flock of God, that is encouraging the flock of God, and that is sharing the hope of Jesus with people who are not saved in this world.
When that is all that turns you on, you are not boring, but your whole life is looking for that next sermon, that next inspiration, that next song that you can take apart and use as a witness for the unsaved.
At present the Lord has given me a young friend who has been saved for two years. The Lord has given me the task of mentoring that young man into a prophet so that he can teach and encourage the body of Christ like I do, but in his own words and his own style.
As an author on EzineArticles.com Jimmy Massa is a joy to know and as a young prophet he looks at the Bible and sees the church falling way short. He has a very good sense of discernment and can "feel" the anointing in any church and the anointing on any person's sermon. He wonders why he even needs to go to church as he says most of them aren't even close to Jesus.
We were talking about our future the other day, a future the Lord has prophesied over each of us and angels like Michael and Gabriel have confirmed in personal visits to us and Jimmy said, the only thing he wants as a possession is a few clothes, a laptop so he can write and a place to live with his own room. For a man that is destined to have a huge ministry in the future as the Lord has told him and confirmed in prophecy, this is an excellent example of how he wants to live this group of verses out in his own life.
If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
This is a bold statement of scripture. This says that the many people who claim Christ as their Saviour but are still in love with the world the real love of the Father is not within them.
Many people confess that they cannot feel the peace and presence of the Holy Spirit in their life from day to day. Having one foot in the world and one foot with God is most likely the reason for this.
It's a hard choice to come out of the world. It's a choice that might make you think life is going to get really boring for you. How could you get excited about only doing the will of God? It seems so foreign to most people.
But I have to confess as I wake up and have a shower that the presence of the Lord is thick within my life and in the shower the Lord gives me the inspiration and the subject to write on, that is the way the anointing drops on me each day.
I am on a disability pension which allows me to live my life without going to work each day and I know that helps. The fact that I don't have to get up and rush off to work each day makes it easier. It is also hard to as it's hard to fill in your days if you are not walking in the Spirit.
Do you love the things of the world?
Do you like buying things?
Do you like things that look good?
Do you like good clothes, the latest fashions?
Do you like the best MP3 players and the best phones and the best computers?
Have you got a good house your paying off and the best furniture in it?
Have you got the best money can buy? Have you got a good reputation at work and among other people? Have you got a good name for yourself among men?
John speaks about how this is all folly.
16 For all that is in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-is not of the Father but is of the world.
Our natural man wants the best clothes, the best possessions, the best seat at a concert, the best reputation, the best job at work, the best best best. We all strive for the very best and John calls this lust.
Don't get me wrong Paul was one of the best apostles. He had one of the best ministries. But Paul was often without food, often without sleep, often lacked clothes, was beaten with rods and whipped 39 lashes about three times. Paul had his name maligned among all brethren and false apostles and false prophets brought his name into disrepute by preaching a foreign gospel to Paul. With all Paul's suffering Paul on more then occasion exhorted his readers to imitate him.
How many modern leaders in the West go without food, without clothes and have their names dragged through the mud? How many preachers in the West are as mighty as Paul? And Paul was the one we are to imitate.
When you live for Christ you find things to spend your money on to better the kingdom of God. This week I ordered five copies of my book from America so that people I know can read the book. That took quite a bit of money. Next fortnight I am paying for 500 two sided business cards so that all the strangers I meet on trains and buses and in shipping centres that I talk to can find my homepage on EzineArticles.com.
I have a new book that I have to pay for in coming months and another project that is going to cost $2,000 to do in the future. Every spare cent for the next year has got a purpose for it and I eat very cheaply.
I have plenty of projects that I could have "partners" in and if I had a ministry site I might ask the public if they wanted to partner me. But my point is, when you are spending so much money on things that the Lord has put on your heart you haven't got the money to be buying the best fashions and the best of clothes and the best goods and services. You can't even have the best reputation. The Apostle Paul comes to your house and says to write a message for your readers and you have to post it and suddenly half of your readers think you are nuts.
Serving the Lord can take a lot from you. The more you serve him the more you do not serve the world. And the more you divorce yourself from the lusts of this world, the more the Holy Spirit comes to visit you and send his presence and direct your steps each day and bring you comforting words from heaven.
Do you want the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit in your life? Do you want to feel peace surrounding you, running thick like oil all over your body? You need to turn your back on the world, get busy for God and start to put your time and resources into the things of God.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
You see he that does the will of the Father abides forever. The abiding presence of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit's anointing is a part of your life forever. Whenever you are doing the will of the Father, the Lord will direct you, and keep you.
That does not mean things will be easy for you. That does not mean that you won't suffer. In fact scripture declares if you bear fruit for God that you will suffer and be pruned so that you will bear more fruit.
John 15
1 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
The pruning process is hard. Testings and afflictions are hard. For the past six months I have had a sort of sleeping sickness where sometimes I can't get out of bed for up to five days. This is very hard and gets me very depressed. My medication can't fix it and it seems I just have to suffer that way. I was talking to the Father the other day on thee way home and he told me he was very happy with how I was bearing up under the suffering and told me he was proud of me.
When I have this sickness the anointing all but leaves me, but I still have the Lord to speak to and I still have the promises and each day I still get up to see at least 200 people read my articles and I stay happy in a way. Then there are weeks like this one where every single day I have been well and the anointing has been thick in my life and I have been able to produce some good articles.
The ways of the Lord are hard for us to search out. I am bearing much good fruit and God has seen fit to prune me. The process he is using is making me have more patience and building in me a better character. I also am able to relate to people who suffer depression as a daily part of their life easier now as once every two weeks I fall into it.
But even with the suffering, when I have been well, the anointing has never been so strong in my life. I feel it has a lot to do with my friend Jimmy Massa and whenever we are together the presence of the Lord increases. I wrote an article that spoke about how to live like the early church of Acts and in that article I suggested the people contact someone they love and try and see them most every day. As I was suggesting that I was thinking it was with Jimmy that I would like to spend every second day and within a week that was happening. The Lord heard my prayer.
Do you know the will of God for your life? Are your prayers effective?
John 15
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
If you come out of the world and you start to walk with God you will abide with Jesus and when you do that you will ask what you desire to better fulfill the will of God in your life and it will be done for you. It will be done as the Lord wants His will done. The Lords will is done in your life through you abiding, doing His will and through having your prayers answered. When Jesus' will is done then the Father in heaven will be glorified and you will have borne much fruit.
The Father is ever willing that you would abide in His Son. The Father wants you to abide and to be walking each day in the manifest presence of the Holy Spirit. Jesus longs each day to speak into your spirit man and to direct your steps. In fact the whole trinity, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit wait earnestly to let go of the world, to ask the for their will in your life, and for you to get started in a very big way.
The Holy Spirit longs to walk with you and to talk to you and to show you things and to open up the Bible to you and to show you the depths of the Kingdom of God and the mysteries contained in scripture. Jesus longs to speak to you through the conduit of the Holy Spirit and Jesus longs to show you His heart and show you His plans for you and to lead you and guide you to bigger and better things. Jesus longs to manifest himself to you and show you more and more of Himself and the way He operates. The Father longs for you to know His Son on a personal basis, on a day to day conversational basis with each of your days being directed by the Holy Spirit. The Father longs that you would move and get so close to Jesus so that one day Jesus might introduce you to Him.
The Father loves you. The Father wants you to leave the world behind and to run after His will. The whole Bible is there to encourage you to try a new way, a powerful way, a fulfilling way, and enduring way, a way of blessing where you bear much fruit.
Won't you make a step today?
Let me pray for you.
Father
You know the cry of this reader's heart. You know where they are and you know how hard it is to do your will. You have all the answers for this person and the steps they need to take to come closer to you. You know your will and you know how this person needs to walk to come and follow it. Father I ask that you show this person your will. I pray that you give them the desire and the know how to turn their back on the world and its lusts. I pray that you send your Holy Spirit to touch each of the readers today and begin to direct them. I ask that you lead them into a richer and fuller relationship with your Son and the Holy Spirit.
In Jesus name I ask all these things
Amen
God bless you readers

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/534110

No comments: